Tuesday, July 19, 2011

From a Father... to the FRO

I appreciate the feedback I get from others on their experiences on the system. I offer you a comment from one father:


The amount that I pay per month on a 4 year old is absurd. One would think that I make 2x what I make. At one point after the FRO stepped in, I lost my job. This establishment is like the mob. Arrears started to accumulate. Letter started arriving. My license was taken from me. Then my passport. Tell me: how am I supposed to get to that interview (the only [interview] that I have had in ages thanks to the economy) that is in a city 100km away? I have no money and no license! Gee the FRO, thanks for looking out for the family. We're all so much better off now that you have stepped in! 
Now I'm working again and all paid up with my arrears – it's part of the equalization after to 3 years in court. Guess what!? I just got a letter from the FRO! My passport was just revoked and my license (fourth time) is gone too! 
It turns out that the judges order that states "there are no monies owing to or from either party" is too vague. That's right. Too vague. 
Thanks FRO.


I really wish the government bodies involved would realize that not ALL fathers are Deadbeats... We really need to make this system less adversarial.

No comments: