Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October 14th...

Apparently the due date for payments to the FRO, somehow suggested by the standing court order*, is the 14th of the month. Because I could not pay the FRO by October 14th, 2009 the aforementioned court order was issued. I have several politically incorrect suggestions of what they can do with this action, but these are government employees... enough said.

Now. There are some core problems, problems I have pointed out before, such as the fact that there's no reasonable manner by which to obtain a Statement of Account. While mailing the SoA might be cost prohibitive (and they will charge you $25 for it), if they do not update you as what you owe or when you owe it, then actions like this are harassment. The fee they charge, $190 spread over 5 years, is ridiculous and frankly just a reminder of the stupidity of this agency.

I'm sick of this legal crap. It's taking all of my will not to just swear a blue-streak at this folks, but must REFUSE to give them the satisfaction of * either loosing my cool, or even calling them. I have informed them, by fax of my circumstances throughout my 7 months of unemployment, but now they demand (after this action) that I tell them who my employer is. Legal jargon aside, SCREW-THAT!

The last thing I'm doing for these jokers is helping them deliver further stress and embarrassment at any position I might pick up. In fact, I was straightforward enough to explain to them that I wouldn't be able to pay on time (assuming the due date was October 1st, 2009) and sent them a fax to inform them. Communications is the key, well not with the FRO. We could also swell on the fact that I have consistently, FOR YEARS (since 2003), paid before the funds were due (again, assuming the 1st of the month).

So, what am I to do? Well, I'll pay, I told them I'd pay when I had the funds, and that is this week. You should always pay your child support, but it does seem somewhat outrageous that while you're earning a mere fraction of your wages (or none at all) due to unemployment, you still need to find a way to pay 100% of that child support.

* there is no mention of the monthly payment due date in the standing court order, or the original from December of 2002. Also, since there are no arrears, there's no justification for this action (in my opinion).

1 comment:

Cameron Stevens said...

PAID!

Today, as stated in my earlier FAX, I have PAID the FRO (which will, in-turn, pay my ex-wife) as promised because the funds became available TODAY.